Monday, November 7, 2011

Excess Baggage

My ‘regular’ (that is, if both my friend and I are available) Saturday morning routine goes something like this:

  • Up at 6:30-6:40 to be out the door by 7:00
  • Meet my friend and walk for about hour
  • Finish with coffee and toast at a local cafe
  • Leave the cafe for my yoga class, which starts at 9:00

During Winter I would rush through my coffee and toast because I needed to leave the cafe at 8:30 to get home, grab my mat, and then walk back up to the local RSL for my class. So I started taking my mat on our walks, using a mat strap to sling it in a roll across my back.

Last Saturday provided the first hint of Summer weather. No jacket meant no pockets for extras like my keys, phone, wallet and flyers advertising my yoga class. So, there I was, an urban swagman with straw hat, rolled up mat, satchel bag of accessories, and a water bottle! So much for carrying bare necessities. At least I'm getting a weight workout!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments for posts older than 14 days will not be immediately displayed. We review these comments before publishing them for public display.