Saturday, August 6, 2011

Signs of Stress

On my current project, I have been set up with an e-mail ID within our client's company so I am effectively an employee of the company. As an employee there are a number of training modules I need to undertake to comply with the company's policies, one of them being the company's occupational health and safety (OH&S) policy. So there I am, in the office after five on a Friday, trying to complete my OH&S training and reading about the signs or symptoms of stress ...

Some of the signs?

  • Memory problems Yes
  • Inability to concentrate Yes
  • Seeing only the negative Possibly
  • Anxious or racing thoughts Yes
  • Constant worrying Yep
  • Moodiness Ask Hubby!
  • Irritability or short temper No
  • Agitation, inability to relax A little bit!
  • Feeling overwhelmed YesSometimes ...
  • Sense of loneliness and isolation Yes

    It's hard not to feel isolated when my project team is in Melbourne and I'm the only one in Sydney!

  • Depression or general unhappiness Yes
  • Nausea, dizziness No
  • Chest pain, rapid heartbeat No

    ... but I probably should check my blood pressure—I haven't done that for a while!

  • Weight loss or gain

    Definitely! I'm sure I've put on 2-3 kilos since starting this project. I haven't stepped on the scales for four weeks because I'm dreading what I will see.

  • Sleep issues
  • Isolating yourself from others

    My team might be in Melbourne but I still go into the office in Sydney.

  • Procrastinating or neglecting responsibilities

    I've always been a procrastinator so nothing has changed!

  • Increased consumption of alcohol, cigarettes, caffeine to relax

    Does changing my once-a-day regular-size coffee to a large size count?

  • Nervous habits (e.g. nail biting, pacing) Yes

    ... but nothing different to what I usually do!

  • Skin breakouts

    ... eczema is definitely starting to play up again.

  • Lack of care in appearance Possibly ...

You know what?

I'm stressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments for posts older than 14 days will not be immediately displayed. We review these comments before publishing them for public display.